Season 1, episode 8: “Bugs”
7 years later:
OH MY GOD
HOLY SHIT I NEVER NOTICED THAT
IT’S THE SAME FUCKING ACTOR I CHECKED. WELL FUCK.
C’MON WRITERS GIVE US A BACKSTORY HERE PLZ.
one more commission for Nat, based on this cool scene.
My 15 favourite Destiel fics
- Hands, From Which All Things Are Built by MajorEnglishEsquire [AO3] 14620 words, PG-13 Castiel travels with the angel tablet and without the Winchesters. One day, Dean gets a text from some anonymous number. (They speak in the language of need.) A post-08.17 Goodbye, Stranger story.
- Try-Something Tuesday by almaasi [AO3] 48284 words, NC-17 Human AU. Dean Winchester teaches a third-grade class. He’s new to this whole ‘bisexual’ thing - but by pure happenstance, he meets Castiel: a particularly dapper male librarian who moonlights as a substitute teacher. Dean’s curious and Castiel is willing, so why the hell not? Except, fate never intended it to be one-time-only…
- Love in Every Stitch by Gedry [LJ] 11121 words, NC-17 Dean/Cas high school AU involving them being friends for a long time and Castiel falling in love with Dean and knitting him a sweater.
- This is Not Convenient by CloudyJenn [LJ] 11330 words, PG-13 If Castiel doesn’t find a mate soon, the council will assign him one. And Dean’s not about to let that happen.
- I Like You (Like Me) by Carmexgirl [AO3] 11195 words, PG-13, Coffee Shop AU: Dean’s the owner of his own pretty successful coffee shop, and he’s absolutely, totally not in love with the hot accountant guy who comes in every day. He’s way out of his league. Isn’t he?
- Not Usually a Good Thing by cloudyjenn [FFN] 11110 words, NC-17 Five ways Castiel made Dean feel.
- We Need to Talk About Cas by MyMelancholyBaby [FFN] 4864 words, NC-17 2014verse! Dean knows that he needs to convince his 2009 self to do things differently when he gets back. It isn’t until Dean looks back at the way he has treated the man he loved that he realizes how far down he has really spiraled.
- Only Connect by talli_approved [LJ] 2555 words, PG-13 AU: Dean and Castiel work in a bookstore together. Dean is annoying, but endearing. That doesn’t mean Castiel doesn’t want to kill him sometimes. Or at least fire him.
- Time Flows Like Water and We’re Drowning by triedunture [LJ] 8000 words, NC-17 Cas from 2014 is sent back in time and meets Castiel and Dean circa season 5. Together, they decide to try to change the course of history.
- Just After, But Before by cymbalism [AO3] 8711 words, NC-17 Just after Purgatory, but before whatever’s next, Dean has a broken angel to put back together.
- Drunk On You by endversed [AO3] 4645 words, NC-17 AU: Cas is Sammy’s best friend, and Dean is the older brother who accidentally wants the seventeen year old.
- Slow Dance by tiptoe39 [AO3] 2472 words, PG-13 Utter fluff. I had the image of Dean and Castiel slow-dancing and had to do something with it.
- Healing Waters by SardonicShipper [FFN] 2639 words, NC-17 Purgatory flashbacks. Set after 8x06. Dean had dream about Cas.
- When Charlie Met Cas by riseofthefallenone [AO3] 24650 words, NC-17 Charlie is back in all her glory. The Winchesters have showed up on her doorstep and she’s making the best of it the only way she knows how. By being the little sister Dean never wanted and shipping the shit out of Destiel.
- Nothing Else Mattered by maddie-babz1993 [FFN] 23951 words, NC-17 AU Post 7.02: After the Leviathan take over Castiel, Dean resigns never to see his friend again. Until a mysterious girl turns up at Bobby’s later that same day. Could it be his Angel back for redemption? Girl!Cas (and sequel here 26456 words, NC-17)